Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), CCCU Career Center|Find
Full Time, Exempt
The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) seeks an experienced Human Resources Director to provide the leadership and administration of the organization’s Human Resources function. The Director is responsible for the initiation, development, and continuation/implementation of all aspects of human resources, including employment, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, organizational development, policies and procedures, and organizational culture. The Human Resources Director supervises and is supported by the Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, CFO.
The CCCU is a relatively small, global organization currently made up of 40+ employees located in 5 countries (United States, United Kingdom, Jordan, Australia and Costa Rica) and in 6 states (CA, DC, MD, NC, PA, TN). This position is in our Washington, DC headquarters. Although we are a small organization, we have an ambitious mission and are an expanding team. As we grow, we are looking for colleagues who are adaptable, discerning, committed to the mission, and able to take on challenges as they arise. An ideal candidate would have most or all the following characteristics:
- Strong faith commitment
- Desire to serve others gracefully and selflessly
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective at the strategic and day-to-day level management of HR functions
- Experience/understanding of employment law in two or more of the locations/jurisdictions listed above
- Able to translate organizational mission and values into an effective people strategy and organizational culture
- Great coach and encourager of people and managers
- Quick to laugh and fun!
Virtual Work & COVID-19:
The CCCU DC Headquarters is open 5 days a week. Staff can work up to 2 days remotely with approval of their supervisor (Monday and/or Friday). Candidates must be able to work effectively in both an in-person and virtual environment.
CCCU employees are required to adhere and agree to follow certain guidelines and procedures while working in the office to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Vaccinations are not mandated at the CCCU but strongly encouraged.
The Human Resources Director provides leadership and vision on a broad range of human resources issues. Responsible for the initiation, planning, development, continuation and/or implementation of all aspects of human resources, including employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, organizational development, policies and procedures, and organizational culture. Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage Human Resources budget in close consultation with Supervisor
- Annually review and recommend updates to compensation program, when necessary, to ensures that appropriate compensation is matched to each job in consultation with Supervisor
- Administers and monitors annual performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook of policies and procedures that bolsters organizational culture and expectations and maintains compliance with all local and federal laws
- Responsible for benefits administration including recommendation of appropriate changes; annual re-evaluation of benefits plan for cost effectiveness, manage relationships with benefits broker, and approval of invoices for payment
- Conducts recruitment effort for all open positions including all U.S. and international locations which includes working with hiring manager to create job announcement, plan and manage search process and timeline, advise and coach staff on interviewing best practices and procedures, and planning the orientation program for new employees
- Responsible for organizing and facilitating staff meetings, staff activities, and other retention efforts
- Coaches and consults with senior leaders and appropriate supervisors on a broad range of HR areas from workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, leadership development, etc.
- Responsible for the operations of the CCCU Reception area, including supervision of the Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant
- With the Controller, compile and process semi-monthly payroll and retirement contributions for U.S. staff and Australia as well as review monthly payroll for SCIO-UK processed by UK Director of Finance and Operations
- Keeps all organizational charts up to date including confidential salary documents and other HR material
- Develops and implements appropriate staff development and training programs and conducts training sessions or works with third-party provider(s) as necessary
- In coordination with the appropriate supervisor, oversees any employee disciplinary actions to ensure compliance with company policies and employment law
- Assist and advise appropriate supervisors with job terminations or agreed upon transitions which may include being a liaison with CCCU’s employment attorneys in the U.S. and abroad
- As a data driven organization, all staff are responsible for maintaining and updating CCCU database records so that the database records are as current and accurate as possible
- Serve as member of Senior Leadership Team to support and advise department heads and Cabinet on issues and challenges facing the organization
- Serve as strategic partner and advisor to senior leaders
- Serve as staff liaison to Human Resource professionals from member institutionsby facilitating monthly calls and working with conference team, if and as needed, to build out programming for HR professionals at CCCU events
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Persons applying for the position should:
- Have a strong appreciation for the Christian mission and purpose of the CCCU and its GlobalEd programs
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Industrial Organizational Psychology/Business or other related field with at least 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Understand and be comfortable with all areas of the Human Resources field
- Understand and be comfortable with US employment law, familiarity with multiple countries and jurisdictions a plus
- Be an experienced manager and coach
- Can respond quickly and effectively to multiple priorities and situations
- Have sound judgement and work well under pressure
- Possess a positive and helpful attitude
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in higher education, Christian higher education, or a nonprofit a plus
Application should include:
- Cover letter
- Resume/CV including a list of 4 references who can speak to the areas of your faith, character, and professional experience. Reference should include at least one supervisor and one person you supervised. We will not contact without your prior approval. Note: Reference list should include phone and email and note their relationship to you.
- A statement of your Christian faith
Applicants should apply online through this listing and must include the materials listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible, so will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No paper applications or phone calls please.